Friday, October 9, 2015

Fireside - Day 9
















Autumn heavy skies hung low with clouds,  The gloom lingered long after the cold showers ceased by noon.  The light breeze evoked a shiver just watching the crimson leaves swirl and twist.

Today was a home day.  I arranged to take dinner to mom along with three of the boys.  My day was allowed a slower pace.  It was nice not to have to leave my home today.

But this,  

this was my favourite part of the day.  Listening to the crackle and pop of the warming fire blazing inside, adding cheeriness to counter the drab of the day outside.  Sometimes, dancing flames shift moods to better dispositions.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing like a crackling fire, a steaming mug of tea, and a great book to curl up with...or a man ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yes, either works well. And it's such a good snuggle time with the boys. A blanket, storybook and time to read together.

      Delete

Comments make me happy!